We decided to host the Easter meal this year, so I woke up at 6:00 a.m. on Sunday morning to prepare the roast and put everything in the crock pot. I also made breakfast and made sure the Easter Bunny had hidden eggs and brought baskets for the boys.
Ben woke up about 7:00 a.m. and got Dean out of bed and joyfully began searching for his eggs. He was thrilled to find that each egg had either candy or money inside and giggled everytime he found one. He was so funny when he finally discovered his and Joey's easter baskets. The Easter Bunny had left them on my desk with a note that said "Happy Easter Ben & Joey!" Ben yelled "oh my gosh, look what the Easter Bunny brought us....I have way more than Joey!" He was very excited about all of the loot in his basket, including several books, a magazine, Go Fish, Buzz Lightyear flip flops and sunglasses and the Bee Movie. He also liked Joey's Disney character bath toys, book, and rattles.
Joey woke up around 7:30 a.m. and was very confused by all the excitement...he was excited to eat his breakfast and could obviously care less about his basket!
I went to the 8:30 a.m. church service and the boys stayed home and got ready for our guests. I then came home and picked up Ben and he and I went back to church to teach Sunday School at the 10:30 a.m. service. There were 17 two and three year olds at Sunday School so it was a very busy service but the kids were really well behaved and we all had a great time.
Ben and I got home right before Oma arrived and shortly thereafter my parents, Mallory, and my grandma came too. We had a great lunch and Ben and Joey were spoiled with even more Easter goodies from their grandparents.
After lunch we enjoyed watching basketball together (Go Vols) and Nana, Ben, and Joey snuck away for a bit to play in Ben's room. For some reason, Ben started putting stickers all over everyone. Joey was not amused!
After Oma, Nana, Bampaw, Great-Grandma, and Mal-Mal left, we had a visit from the Chaplins before preparing for bed. Joey is now asleep and Dean, Ben, and I are watching the Bee Movie. What a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment